Thursday, February 07, 2008

Continuing my education

Underneath the tiredness from working nights, and grumpiness from being cold and working nights, I am feeling pretty smart. In remembrance of my university days, I thought I would do some self-reflection and write a "journal entry"......LOL those were the days.

How do you feel?
Why do you think you feel the way you do?

Who cares? But anyways. I'm proud of myself for learning some things this week:
  • When faxing important documents to a doctor's office, be sure to follow the directions....otherwise you end up faxing blank pages.
  • Dial "9" before the fax number to said doctor's office........otherwise it won't go through.
  • The baby thermometer weighs 1.3 lbs.
  • Sometimes your Monday night shift that you oh-so-don't-want-to-work really pays off and becomes the best shift of the weekend. And yes, I said "weekend".
  • I feel more in control with a hemorrhaging patient than a diabetic one. Damn Plan B diabetic protocol.
  • I love peppermint tea.
  • Random appartment inspections gives motivation to do the dishes.
  • Running out of teaspoons also gives motivation to do the dishes.
  • Go with your instincts. If you think your patient needs another Cervidil, she probably does.
  • Stewie likes being at mom's. He even endured the dreaded car ride. He keeps Bear company.

1 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, peppermint tea is my favorite too. Or any kind of mint, really!
I don't think my sister needed another Cervidil. At least I think that's what she got...is that the pill they put up there to induce labour?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home