Thursday, December 06, 2007

Feeling like a doormat

Today has not been a good day. I started out alright, happy that my Christmas shopping is done, and half of my wrapping is done......which normally all happens on December 23rd. I work nights over Christmas this year, so instead of procrastinating like I always do, I thought I'd get a head start on everything. Very smart. Very stupid for my bank account.
Then while doing some online banking, I realized that my paycheck today was very very small. Granted I had some vacation time, but I thought I had 12 hours of OT on this check as well. I am going to have to get to work and count my hours again. It wouldn't be the first time I have had missed hours. Sigh.
Then I go looking for a box to send some Christmas gifts. I just moved three months ago, I should still have some boxes laying around somewhere in storage or whatever. All I found was a large Budget box, and a medium Budget box.....which is conveniently much much larger than what I need, but whatever. Postage and shipping may be costly, but my saving grace is that the box isn't all that heavy.
Then after fighting with my brand new printer (which doesn't print as well as my old one), I finally was able to wrap said Christmas gifts to be sent. In the not-so-small box. By the time I finished this I found out that the Post Office is closed. Which now means that I have to get up early tomorrow to send my box before I work 12 hour nights. BOO.
So I come home and find a Telus bill waiting for me. I open the Telus bill, expecting to find the REGULAR internet charges (and not the ENHANCED internet charges), and lo and behold, a $340 bill is staring at me in the face. This is 4 times the amount quoted to me on November 6th when I called Telus and yelled at them for charging me for the internet service I NEVER even ordered. Now I am to pay a cancellation fee of $260 for a service I was wrongly charged for in the first place?????

*%@$!*

I may not be the most vocal person at times, but I know when I've been wronged, and I will stand up for what I believe in. I'm not argumentative by nature, and so this may have been my downfall. Was it because I only spent 45 minutes yelling at some girl named Sarah last time? Should I have been more assertive? If I was, would they still have charged me the dam cancellation fee?
And so here I am blaming myself for a mistake I didn't even commit. I'm not sacrificing any more of my sleep tomorrow to waste time talking to some corporate drone on the phone that I'm being charged RIDICULOUS amounts for. It may have to wait until Monday.
I think I'm going to talk to Shaw again. I didn't like their internet service when I first had my computer, but if it means less money and hassle, I suppose it's worth a try. The only thing I need to figure out is my phone. I only have a land line at the moment (it was SUPPOSED to be cheaper), so hopefully Shaw can help me out with that too.

Wow, this turned into a really angry post. Sorry. No, wait....I'm not sorry. I should be upset, dammit!

I'm going to make myself a tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home