Saturday, April 14, 2007

secret lemonade

Have you heard of the secret? You probably have and are living your life by it without even knowing it. Or if you are like me, you are ashamed to admit that you found out about it from Oprah. Want the low-down???

It's pretty simple, really. Be positive, and positive things will come your way.

Now that I have spoiled the surprise for those of you who were in the dark about the secret, I have a story to tell. For a long time, life has given me lemons. For a long time, I have been forced to make lemonade out of those lemons. Though my lemons haven't always been the most sour (PRi has had her share of those), I swear I have a grove in my yard from the amount of lemons I've had over the years. I'm tired of lemons. I'm tired of putting all of my efforts into making lemonade. Then along came the secret.

I had thought I was being as positive as I could with my lemons. I still had my health. I had a loving family. I had a roof over my head. Around New Years sometime, I decided it wasn't going to be worth worrying about all the little things anymore. I even think that was my resolution of some sort. Who cares if you screwed up today? Tomorrow will be different. I have been doing my best to keep that resolution, albeit most days I wasn't thinking about it, or paying attention to what I was doing. But after one long day shift, I came home to a commercial for Oprah's next show....about the secret. I saw the first 20 minutes or so, having to make dinner afterwards, but I think it made me reflect on what has been going on lately. My temporary position is extended until July. I had a nice tax return in which I am spending some on myself to go to Chicago. I am feeling more and more confident at work. New staff tell me they think I have been working there for years....when it's only really been one year since my hire date. I feel better (despite my trip to the medicentre....chest x-ray....and prescription medication), but boy am I glad we have our health care system. It's a sunny and warm weekend....and I'm not at work. And I went bathing suit shopping yesterday.

I bought one about a year and a half ago when I went to Lake Louise, but I seem to have lost the bottoms. Oh well. I'm not worrying about it. I went to one of the more expensive stores because I knew they would have more selection, and despite feeling fat (who doesn't when bathing suit shopping???), I found a tankini that I love. I felt sexy. Big, but sexy. So I bought it. And it was on sale. I didn't notice the tall, incredibly skinny girls who were shopping there with their tall and skinny friends and showing off their bikinis to each other. Whatever. It's all about how you feel about yourself, isn't it??

I can't wait to go swimming!

2 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Oh Morgan, I love you. I needed to read that:)

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks so much for coming swimming...I'll see you in a few weeks at the next one! Lol.

And who cares what stupid crazy over-fit Aqua Boxing instructor said about your swimsuit. You were sexy!!

And you have no idea how much better I felt after lunch on Saturday. I feel like I got a lot of stresses out, just by talking. Thank you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home