Saturday, April 07, 2007

Lock your doors at night

I was on my way to work last night. I opened my front door, and noticed flashing lights bouncing off my neighbours' windows. I get to my car, and noticed that at the street corner (about 4 houses down the block) there were 3 police cars with their lights going, and 5 police officers placing traffic cones along the road. What's going on? I paused to unlock my car door, and the officers were looking down the street at me while I did so. I proceded to make a u-turn as I realized that I wasn't going to get through the barricade they had set up. I drove to Tim Horton's and stood in line for 15 minutes until I got my tea. There were a lot of people there at 11:00pm, so I waited with everyone else and prayed that my roll-up-the-rim was worth the wait. No dice...Please buy another Tim Horton's product.

Anywho, I got to work, and the police and Tim's tea were forgotten. It was ridiculous. I'm tired. 'Nuff said.

So I get home and find out the truth behind the police from last night. Turns out a cab driver was assaulted, and is now in critical condition. The police found the guy who did it...he was hiding somewhere in my neighbourhood. The assault happened 4 houses away from me. I heard nothing, and my door wasn't even locked.

*sigh*

Gotta love Mill'hoods.

1 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Hafiz Kassam said...

Wow, that's scary!

I think its a good idea to lock your doors all the time, not just at night. Its always been a habit for me.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys are okay, and I hope that next time your Roll Up the Rim gives you a better reception. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home