Monday, April 02, 2007

dilemma...

I hope this isn't an April fools joke. I'm trying to decide what to do with the tax return I have just received from the Canadian government. I knew when I filed that I forgot one of my student loan interest payments, and that my return would be readjusted after I filed. But I didn't realize how much it had been readjusted.

Should I do the grown-up thing and get rid of my Mastercard bill (in which I had purchased my bed) and my line of credit??? That would take 85% of my tax return.
On the other hand, I have never been given this much "tax-free, don't have to pay it back" money and I am itching to spontaneously spend some of it. Or go somewhere.

Sigh.

Getting rid of that nagging piece of debt would be better for my credit and would look good for buying a home.

While I'm debating, I think I'm going to go out for dinner.

3 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Jo said...

A little bit of column A, and a little bit of Column B. That's what I say. Getting rid of debt faster is good, because then you pay less overall. But it's fun to spend it on something fun too!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Jo said...

OR, you could pay OUR taxes.....hahaha, just kidding.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Hafiz Kassam said...

Hmm...taxes eh? I should probably get on that considering I haven't done last year's either!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home