Friday, March 23, 2007

I've been tenderized

Yesterday was one of our secretaries' birthday. She's been so excited about it, and she's been telling everyone to go to her birthday party on Saturday, and so I figured, if there's anyone at a car dealership you should be nice to, it's a mechanic, someone in parts, the lot guy and the secretary. Not the manager. You can tell the manager off and nothing will change. If you are nice to the above mentioned people, your world will go round. I went over to the cupcake bakery next to the truck centre with one of the sales people and bought a cupcake. It's strange, I hadn't realized that cupcakes are now a gourmet bake item. There are wedding "cakes" made with cupcake towers, and custom frosting... The one I chose for myself was called "The Don" and it was a chocolate cake with Tiramisu buttercream frosting. Oh my gjaodjdpsadjlaksfdjkhfahaprghghgh (drools to the side of mouth). My next venture is the scarlett o hara, a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. Each cupcake is $2.75 (expensive little buggers) but aughghghhg.... The walk there almost made me not feel bad that I was putting that much sugar in me. So we bought a cupcake, got a candle from the bakery, lit the candle at the service counter as to surprise her with our terrible rendition of Happy Birthday as we walked up from behind with a chocolate Diva. That's the name of the cake. It could not have been more perfect. Anyways, Happy 22nd birthday Steph.
As we were walking back from The Cupcake, I saw a newspaper box of the free newspaper 24. And to my surprise... I saw my boss! Brian! His mug graced the front of the magazine. It was not the most fabulous picture of him, but nonetheless, a cover picture.
I woke up this morning with a tickle in my throat. Actually it was more than a tickle, it was a full blown fit. I knew it. I have strep. So here I am, thinking oh crap. it's a sale weekend, which means the dealership is open untill 9:00pm and there are going to be a crap load of locates I need to do. I can't call in sick. I get to work, it just gets worse. It's gone into my glands in my throat. Oh crap. I tell my boss that I'm going home sick, I need to get to a doctor's office so I can get drugs so that I feel better by monday... oh monday. I'm going to be swamped with locates. I need anti-biotics fast. I can't go home when I'm in the middle of a task, which by the time I'm finished, it's 1:00pm. Didn't I say at 9:30am that I was going home? Well, my inability to go home before a task is done has made me go home at 6:00pm too frequently. I should get paid overtime. or I should bank it to vacation time. I'm at 2 days extra time right now.
My sinuses are 2x their normal size.
I think Stewie knows I'm sick. he's hiding.
I'm going to bed now. again. I just woke up from a 4 hour nap. I'm going down. Mmm... drugs....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home