Friday, March 02, 2007

No speaka de eeenglish!

After having 13 babies in 7 hours, I figured it was a good time for an abbreviated lunch. On my way back to the elevator with my beef and cheese wrap, I noticed someone in a brightly coloured flowered garment talking to another woman. It took me a moment to realize who the bright flowered woman was. And then I ran away. It was my grade 11 and 12 English teacher. Some of you may remember who that may have been, but I won't post any names here. Waaaa!!!

This particular English teacher would remain at her desk and try to teach Shakespeare by having the class listen to an audio tape of British actors reciting the play. This is why all I remember about Shakespeare is something about Desdemona's breasts. Don't even ask me about Edgar Allen Poe, because you won't understand my response.

Don't swim in the tarn, Roddy-boy!

Anywho, that gave me cause to run away fast, and hope she didn't recognize me. Probably not, as it was so many years ago, and I don't think she sees straight. Really. I kind of miss having a nonsense class that I could goof around in. Hmmm....

Things I miss about English class:
  • Using class time to talk to my friends
  • Using class time to count down minutes until band trips
  • Making houses out of Lego
  • Sock puppets
  • Writing notes to friends
  • Drawing "balloons" that were radioactive, pink, and gay
  • Writing an essay about some story the night before it was due, and pass
  • "Studying" for reading comprehension tests
  • Stella!!!!
  • Taking 5 classes to figure out what one paragraph of Poe meant, asking for more time to finish reading, and getting more time to finish a project
  • Getting back September assignments AFTER writing the final exam in June

Devin is currently reading To Kill a Mockingbird. I have to say, I don't miss reading a book a million times and then analyzing said book. I read all my books a million times (they are well loved!) but it's just for fun. There is no analyzing. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home