Thursday, October 12, 2006

bright light city

Feelin a bit unappreciated today. Don't know why...just one of those days I guess. Got yelled at by my charge nurse. Everyone got yelled at today by my charge nurse. I can't wait until her position is done....she is a much better person when not in charge. Got told by a senior nurse that a decision I made today was pretty lame. Due to what I thought would have been unsafe practice, I delayed augmenting my patient's labour...though the delay wasn't necessary. It's my butt on the line, here. I must be "accountable" or whatever my nursing practice standard guidelines say I should be. I worked said butt off today and got nothing. At least it is payday. Half of my paycheck is gone, though.....I owe PRi for a plane ticket.....

PRi was spontaneous the other day.

PRi does not want to be in the city for her birthday.

Though a million-hour drive to Chicago to see Jo and Eric was supposed to be our next "spontaneous" road trip, PRi has decided that one weekend would not be enough to drive there and back.

Chicago is still our next road trip. Spontaneously, though...we are flying to Vegas.





Oh, man am I ever gonna have to save my money. I can't buy a car...or a house....but I can go to Las Vegas for three days. Going to Disneyland did not cost me one dime out of my pocket....funds were provided by Ralph dollars and the tax man (booo bad tax man!). This time, it is all me, and we'll see how hard I will have to work over the next few months to afford this trip. And a house. Maybe a car...though my car now has a new battery, so it will hang on for a little while longer.

All day today....through the yelling....through the stress...through the urges to cry...through comforting other coworkers who broke down in tears....

I told myself one thing.

127 more sleeps.

6 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Jo said...

when are you going??????? I'm interested....maybe....funds may not agree, but let me know more details. For sure!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger MorPRi said...

Leaving Edmonton 7:00pm on Feb 16th arriving Edmonton 1:05AM Feb 20th. All so I won't be in town Feb 19th. Whoo!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Jo said...

where are you guys going to stay???

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger MorPRi said...

Treasure Island....none of us have ever been before. PRi was also thinking the Monte Carlo, but stuck with TI. Jo, you should come too:):) so much fun!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Jo said...

I SO want to come, but I dunno.....it might be difficult to swing:(

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Hafiz Kassam said...

OMG, I finally had time to catch up on blog reading and I come across this little nugget of information!!

I was actually talking to Farah about possibly going to Vegas after the New Year, but that was just "for fun" talk...who knows though.

I too would love to come, but I have to see how it will coincide with school and stuff. I'll discuss it more when the time gets closer.

Well, gonna go read the rest of this page up to the top and see if I get time to post something on mine as well. Miss you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home