Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Keeping busy

Is it Wednesday already?

I suppose I should update on my happenings....not much to update really, but I'll do it all the same. Hmm....I told you about my mortgage pre-approval? Yeah....that went well. Turns out the lady I talked to was more interested in knowing what I make a year as opposed to what I make now, how much I have, and what I would be able to afford. It took me 10 minutes to explain that nurses are on a hourly-basis type wage.....not a salary. I have no idea what I will make this year because for 3 months I was off work, and my temporary position ends in a couple of weeks. Not so good for a mortgage. If I were to take all the money I own (save maybe enough for a months' worth of bills) I would be able to afford a $70 000 "home". Not too many of those lying around in Edmonton. Not even the lots for a mobile home are in my price range.

Sigh. Oh well.....like Angela is rethinking her career plans, I have to rethink how I am going to find a place to move into. I suppose I could rent............if I ever find an apartment with vacancy and a decent rent. I won't pay the same amount of rent as I would for a mortgage payment...but that may be my downfall. That seems to be all that is available right now.

So yeah and stuff. Otherwise, things are ok I guess. I have been working overtime at the 'Nuns... I have scheduled days off this week...but they are in desparate need of staff, and I am in desparate need of money, so I picked up a few shifts. Keeping busy I guess. I also talked to Jo on the weekend....hi Jo! Miss you! And I have been trying to get my scrapbook together....

What??? Morgo, I thought you gave up scrapbooking???? hahahaha I thought I might have, but I had decided I wanted to scrapbook my Disneyland trip. PRi and I started on Friday....PRi finished on Friday, and I am still going. But I seem to have a lot more pics than she does, so obviously it will take me a bit longer. I am now blessed with a printer that prints photos, and after a trip to Costco for more ink....I have successfully avoided the Kodak picture maker stations at Wal Mart and Superstore. Boo. Oh well....it is keeping me busy and allowing my creative juices to flow I guess. Better than sitting around feeling sorry for myself, which I probably would have done with a bunch of days off after my mortgage interview.

I guess that is all for now. I hear some pictures calling me...and the mail just came....so I'll talk to y'all later....:)

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You can live with me! We have an extra bedroom, and rent is really cheap! (It's not my house, so I can't say how much it would cost to live here.) But I need some female company! Too many boys!!!!!!

And...I know this doesn't really help you now that you have your own printer, but you can sign on to Wal Mart or Superstore's photo lab web sites, and upload your picture files right into their system, then pick them up in about an hour!!! Just thought you should know....have a good day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home