Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I broke up with my Finance Manager

So last night, at work, I was standing by the door and these customers storm up to me. The shove a piece of paper in my hand and tell me to sell them that car. Well, I'm looking at the numbers and they don't look like our stock numbers, so I ask him to show me the car. Turns out it's a truck, and it's been sold. The spec sheet on it is in French and lo and behold, the stock number isn't one of ours. Well, he wants it anyways, so I tell him, that we can get one for him from Calgary, all we need is a $500 deposit. He says to his wife "gimme my checkbook"
Sold. 10 minutes tops.

This morning I get to work and go upstairs to the Buisness Development Centre where we answer all the sales calls and internet quotes. I get a call from a doctor, he wants a 2006 V6 4Runner Limited. He doesn't know what colour he wants, so I tell him that I like Blue. He says "Oh I like that one. I'll take it." I tell him we'll get one from Calgary, all we need is a $500 deposit. He says "My VISA number is...."
Sold. I didn't even get to finish my banana bread.

The Tacoma from yesterday rounds out at $25,000 and the 4Runner from today comes out at $58,000.
I just sold $83,000 worth of stuff in 20 minutes.

So I brought both deals to my favorite finance manager, Milan. He's cute, funny, smart, and he's good at keeping the sales staff updated on deals. So in an update today, I apparently was flustered and started with the whole "not finishing sentences and making choppy statements, only to finish previous statements in totally unrelated conversations" like I do when I'm flustered. He makes notice of this and I tell him it's because I'm flustered. He goes "Oh it must be me" and I said, "It's not me, it's you. I think we should see other finance managers." To which he says, "You know what I like about you Priscilla?"
I know what's coming
"Absolutely nothing" we say together

2 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Hafiz Kassam said...

Hahaha, what a great story. That's great! $58,000 for a 4Runner? Wow. We used to have a 4Runner. Not a new one, mind you, but I never figured it would be that expensive. Then again, I don't work at dealership, and my mechanic of a dad is thousands of kilometers away.

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, mind you it's a V8 limited edition with leather seats, moonroof, power everything... stupid inflation...

haha, I said inflation.... Mmmm.... inflation.... I'm going to go see what I can do about this inflation... heh heh heh... *runs away*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home