Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Mission improbable

For over a year I haven't been able to properly lock my back door. The screen locks, but the actual sliding glass door does not lock.....maybe because the locking apparatus is not attached to the door! I think it fell off last year sometime.....right now there is a block of wood replacing the old lock....with a new lock semi-attached to it....but the block is barely hanging on the door by one screw. Hahaha. Not exactly the safest when you live in Millwoods hahaha. We have tried absolutely everything to attach a new lock....fix the old lock....fix the new lock....

When my grandma was visiting a few weeks ago, she decided she had enough of a non-locking back door. Since a new door was not in my family's budget, she graciously helped us out a little by taking a trip to our friendly neighbourhood Rona and buying a patio door. Thanks grandma!

Anywho, the Rona people came by earlier this evening to measure out the dimensions to see if the door we had bought will actually fit. Turns out, Rona has to "special order" a door because "the doorway is bigger" than they thought. Boo. The quote for installation has gone from $300 to $800 for some reason......and it will be weeks before the new door comes in. Good thing it is August I guess, and it is raining and not snowing.

So this whole door thing reminds me of Mission: Impossible...which I happen to be watching.....oops! "Toast.....toast....." The list is in the open!!! Hahaha too bad Tom Cruise is nuts....


Let's hope in a couple of weeks, Blogger will let me post a pic of my new door! Stupid pictures....
Hmmm...I guess that is what is new with me. Pretty exciting! Doors! Also, Bear was acting strange yesterday....we thought it might have been the heat (it was 32 degrees) but he didn't leave his cage yesterday. Usually when it is hot outside, he'll sleep by the fireplace, or sprawled out on the kitchen floor. And he'll drink water. Yesterday, he didn't even come to the door when my mom and I got home. Pretty unusual, PRi can vouch for that. Oh, and he spontaneously yelped a couple of times, and I don't know what he was doing to yelp like that. Kinda scary, and I was hoping I didn't need to take him to the vet or anything. I couldn't get him to go outside to pee, let alone take him to the vet. But this afternoon when I came home from work, he was looking out the living room window and barking at me. It was good to see him, I must say.

So that's about it. Hopefully I will have some happy updates for you soon about a happy puppy and a happy family with a locking back door!

2 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Hafiz Kassam said...

Morgan, if you wanna borrow one of the cats for Bear to chase around, lemme know...actually, I don't think that would be such a good idea. Any of those 3 cats will probably end up chasing Bear around instead, hehe...they're vicious...especially the little one. That girl terrorizes the other two quite a bit nowadays, hahaha.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger MorPRi said...

Hey Fiz, how is our child, ol spawn of the devil? Morg, is the dog possessed again? or is it that time of the month? wait, is it a full moon? that might explain it.... *looks up* I can't tell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home