Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Not the most wonderful time...

Sometimes I feel like I have missed out on most of the nice weather over the past couple of weeks. I have been working as usual, and now with my shifts spacing out a bit, I have been able to see the sun......most of the time. It has been pretty rainy lately. Don't get me wrong....we needed the rain...and the occasional thunderstorm makes me smile:)
But where have all the warm temperatures gone?? Fiz I am almost jealous of you in TO with the hot weather......except the humidity. Could you imagine my hair???


But seriously folks......

People with curly hair should not live in Toronto. Even though it is dry, my hair does better in dry weather. Like Vegas. I think by now Jo must be enjoying the weather in Las Vegas....or at least the air conditioning hahahaha

So yeah and stuff.

What have I been up to lately? Not all that much. I am sitting at the computer listening to the sounds of rain outside and putzing around. I like this putzing around sometimes. You know those days that you just need to take for yourself and do nothing??? I wish today was one of those, hahaha but at least I have this coming long weekend off. Yay! Although time and a half pay for a shift is nice, some down time is nice too. And down time is not taxed a million percent!

I donated to the Cerebral Palsy Association today. They call my place about once every 2-3 months and ask for some donations. My family may not have much, but there is always some knick-knacks lying around, or shoes I no longer wear, or shirts Devin outgrew, or whatever. I thought I had a lot more stuff to get rid of, though, and found that I am in desperate need of shopping for me. Oops! Hahaha maybe next paycheck....wait...I get paid this week hahahaha did I mention I was off this weekend???

On second thought, a long weekend in August spent shopping for clothes may not be the most brilliant idea. I heard the absolute WORST commercial the other day. You know that Christmas song "It's the most wonderful time of the year" that they always play during back to school??? I can't stand that song!!!!! Waaaa!! I love shopping for school supplies for some reason (it's so much fun! I love picking out pens and paper and highlighers and dividers and binders and coloured staplers and pencil crayons and sharpeners and...well you get the picture)...but I hate listening to that song play over and over. Boo. I suppose I may have to face the back to school crowd sooner or later.....this weekend is probably better than the weekend before September!

2 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger MorPRi said...

Morg, we should go school supply shopping. SUPPLIES!!! Even though neither of us are in school.... *whew* and we actually make money so we can pay off our student loans.... Boo.... but many colour pens make me smile. I like writing notes to customers with different colours. It makes them feel special. My momma says I'm special

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger 'Nita said...

I also *heart* school supply shopping. Peter was teasing me, saying that it excited me more than going to Uruguay. I had to talk fast to get out of that one. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home