Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Random musings

  • The thing I am looking forward to the most this Halloween is spending time with my family. It used to be dressing up and trick-or-treating, then Halloween parties, then Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror. In recent years, my friends and I used to watch a scary movie every year in October, but most of those who went with me have moved away.

  • People in customer service jobs have been friendlier today.....perhaps it's the prospect of candy.

  • I have been told the book "The Kite Runner" is a pretty wicked read, but I find myself rather reluctant to pick it up. Maybe it's because the type of story I like to lose myself in doesn't include the war in Afghanistan. I suppose it's a good book nonetheless. Instead, I've restarted HP.

  • The parking lot in my apartment complex is being repaved, and although I am glad for this new and improved lot, it is highly inconvenient. My apartment is at the end of the lot, and they're paving the entrance, so I can park in front of my place....provided I am able to Canyonaro it from the fire lane. So at the moment I am two blocks away. I suppose the walk won't kill me, and it's not -30 outside, but competing for the very limited space on the street is frustrating. And yes, I said "canyonaro".

  • My Billy bookcase is sitting unused. After my brother and my dad put it together while I was in Toronto, they discovered that it completely topples over if you put something in it. My 200 lbs of nursing textbooks are still in boxes, in which PRi's mom pointed out while over for dinner. Hopefully it just means that the bookshelf needs to be moved to the linoleum near the door, instead of the living room. I am sad I can't use it.

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger 'Nita said...

Ikea will exchange a defective bookcase. They're good that way. Also, I'm glad to see that my excessive use of lists in my blog has inspired someone to follow in my footsteps. ^_^ Lastly, Canyonaro!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home