Sunday, January 07, 2007

zzzzzzzzzz

For the last few days, I have lived in my pyjamas. I am utterly exhausted, both physically and mentally. It's probably a good thing I don't work until Thursday night. I came home from work on Friday and curled up on my couch with my comforter and my pillow and a good book. Two and a half hours later I woke up on my couch snuggled in my comforter with my book on the floor. Then I proceded to toss and turn until 4:00am. At this point, the couch is no longer comfortable so upstairs to bed I go. My mom came to wake me up at 3:30pm to see if everything was ok. The staffing office has phoned my house 4 times since Saturday morning (note: it is only Sunday), and I have been avoiding taking the phone. Hint hint.......I am tired!!!! Do you really think I am safe enough to work when I can hardly keep my eyes open during lunch? I think it was working the extra night that really threw me off. Normally in my rotation I work 4 nights in a row, then 3 days. Because of "Christmas" hours, they screwed up everyone's schedule, so I found out at the last minute that I was supposed to work 5 nights in a row. Now I have done 7 nights before, but take into consideration that it was a full moon, and staff have been phoning in sick from burnout, and it has been busy enough that I have missed breaks...... I have been coming home really wiped out. I am also having problems sleeping, which isn't helping matters much.
So yeah. I dragged myself out of bed this afternoon to start making a roast for dinner. I think I should shower too. Ewww..........but who cares....I haven't been anywhere except my bed and my couch.
I have completely lost track of what I was going to say.....
Maybe I should go shower now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home