Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Philosophizing

Now that most people have recovered from celebrating the new year, I wish you all the best in 2007:):) My New Years celebration consisted of welcoming Edmonton's New Year's baby at 12:03am. It was fate I tells ya; if it was a boy.....Carson it is.......If it was a girl.....well, they picked the same name of yours truely....which was the end of many jokes for the rest of the night, as a girl it was.
Needless to say, the sparkling cranberry juice we had planned for midnight still isn't opened yet because we have been so busy at work. I just need to work on getting my body used to being up in the daytime. Good luck with that.

So anywho, as this is my first post of the new year, I had thought about whether or not I should make resolutions....and post them. The last New Years resolution I made, I vowed to give up drinking pop. But then Jo told me pop was ok on Sundays (Orange crush, I think it was....).....and then I decided that iced tea is not considered pop......so really, that resolution was pretty much broken. Except I haven't bought nearly as many Cokes as I did before that resolution. Stupid Coke. Please buy another Coke product. I don't even like Coke.

But that was a long time ago, and I begin to wonder if it is time for another attempt at a New Years resolution. Every year we look back at the things we have done....or not done....and promise to change things for the better. It's so negative. What is it about me that I don't like? Or should I be asking "what is it about me that I think others don't like?" It's all too complicated. And my brain hurts. Why should I make a resolution for a year when I could just go day by day? That way, if I resolve to eat more fruit this year...it's easier to eat more fruit just today. And then tomorrow, I would be more inclined to eat more fruit because I was able to do it already. Make sense? Maybe not. Maybe I'm just babbling away and you stopped paying attention paragraphs ago. But in any case, wouldn't you think it would be easier to keep a resolution that you could see the results instantly??? And because you are resolving to do something each day, if one day you screw up...you don't "wait until next year"......you just move on and try again tomorrow. Then next year, you would feel better about yourself enough that you won't even need a New Years resolution.

So then maybe my resolution is to stop making resolutions...... At least that one I could keep.

3 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger 'Nita said...

The New Year's baby was named Morgan? Nifty! I remember my cousin had her son at about 10 pm on Dec 31st, and when people asked, she was like "NO, I could NOT have waited for it to be the New Year's baby!" ^_^
I don't know if I'm making any resolutions, but I agree that something you could screw up for an entire year in the space of one day seems rather counter-productive.
Anyways, happy New Year's to you, too!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Morgo, I love your outlook!!! And Pop IS okay on Sundays.....and yes, I believe it was Orange Crush, and I blame Eric:)
Too funny that the New Years baby is named Morgan. What's even more fun is that it could have been named Carson! huzzah:)
Here's to "broken" resolutions. Please buy another coke product!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Small world...I was reading in the newspaper about Baby Morgan, as well as the last baby of 2006. Both babies were delivered by Dr. James Boulton...he is married to Trevor's cousin! I've met him!

I think your resolution should be to make sure Baby Morgan has the best first year possible, just by thinking of her now and then. It's a special connection not many people get to have. I bet it would be good for your soul...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home