Sunday, November 26, 2006

Kmart sucks...or at least Walmart does

Ok, so I have my furnace fixed....yay me! The stupid motor blew. Turns out that our warranty expired in October......of course. But after a very very very very cold 24 hours and a million phone calls, we found someone who could replace the motor, and only charge us for the "consultation" visit. Woo hoo:) I guess that -34 with the windchill may have helped us out ....sympathy weather you know. Oh man...what a time for your furnace to break......and your warranty expired one month ago....and it's freezing outside.....let me see what I can do.

On another note...with all this cold and snow, I figured it would be a good idea to buy some winter boots. I can't seem to find the ones I had last year (which also sucked, by the way), and though I have been wearing my mom's....they suck too. Your feet freeze when it's +2 outside. So anywho, I bit the bullet and took a drive. I needed some random toiletries from Walmart anyways, so I decided to try their shoe department to see what they had...........nothing. But that didn't matter to the rush of shoppers. People nowadays have no manners. It's terrible. Pushing and shoving, people were trying to pay for their hastily selected items by jumping into lines that didn't exist, yell at overexcited kids for talking about what Santa is bringing them for Christmas, trying to pay with personal cheques, and complain when hearing that Walmart doesn't accept cheques anymore. A senior citizen cut in front of me into the 15 items or less line...with her cart full of stuff....and preceded to tell a mother with a 4 year old (who had waaaay too much sugar) that because she was a senior, she should be allowed to pay for her cart first.

I almost decided to order all my Christmas presents online next year.....and give them out in July. It's not worth fighting with stupid people anymore.

But whatever. That's my rant on people who suck. After the fiasco at Walmart, I decided to try other places for shoes. Payless sucks. The Shoe Warehouse sucks. The Shoe Company sucks. Aldo outlet sucks. Mark's Work Warehouse sucks. I think I exhausted all my possibilities for the day. I also think that my opinion of said stores was influenced by the people who are shopping today. Cuz they suck. That is my cue to not spend money. It's a good thing I don't have to work until Thursday night....that gives me a few days to go shopping for winter boots again.

At least my house is warm.....

3 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I totally support your cause about the shopping (sorry, not the boots. I got mucho stylish/kinda warm ones at Payless, and mucho warm/kinda uncomfy ones at Mark's W.W. in the past month)
because I HATE weekend shoppers! Having been on the other side of things for the past 6 years, I just refuse to voluntarily deal with the anger, grumpiness, etc...

I will now be doing ALL my Christmas shopping on weeknights, and I don't care if I can only go out for 1-2 hours at a time. It's worth it, in the end. Care to join me?

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I totally support your cause about the shopping (sorry, not the boots. I got mucho stylish/kinda warm ones at Payless, and mucho warm/kinda uncomfy ones at Mark's W.W. in the past month)
because I HATE weekend shoppers! Having been on the other side of things for the past 6 years, I just refuse to voluntarily deal with the anger, grumpiness, etc...

I will now be doing ALL my Christmas shopping on weeknights, and I don't care if I can only go out for 1-2 hours at a time. It's worth it, in the end. Care to join me?

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Stupid thing....it told me my comment didn't work, so I posted it again, and now there's 2!!! Oops. Sorry for all the overactive commenting....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home