Monday, October 30, 2006

skool is tuff

I've been gone a while, but I'm now back in the realm of working REAL hours...when the sun is shining. I'm doing alright...keeping myself busy for the most part. Not really exciting, but there you have it. I haven't heard from my manager on any of the positions I had applied for...."I would really like to see your name in the applications Morgo" but watching everyone else get work is frustrating. I know something will come up, but when is the big question. Did I do something to make it seem like I was uninterested in working for you???

Sigh. I guess I will just have to go back to waiting by the phone every minute of my life to hope for a call that will ask me to work when I happen to be available. Sometimes I hate working casual.

In other news, I started my OR training today. My hands hurt from scrubbing and my brain hurts from trying to remember everything. I got to play with instruments though. And how to put on sterile gloves inside out and backwards without using your hands....while remaining sterile. Talented am I. For years I had wanted to be in the OR. For years I wanted to take people apart and put them back together again...better and healthier than they were before. Why do I feel so nervous then??? Taking an OR course as a nurse is expensive, and lasts for weeks. I get 5 days. I hope I am ready.

The good news....I have 5 days on my next paycheck.

For the first time in a while though, I have homework. I suppose it is important to know the difference between hemostats, curved Mayos, Kochers, Bonnies, Metzenbaums, parkers, laheys, balfours, towel clips, and sponge forceps.......and all the others that I can't remember the names of.... Just doing it in one day will be the test.

I must go study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home