Saturday, September 02, 2006

...in theatres Friday

We rented some movies for this weekend, something we haven't done for a long time. Most of the recently released movies have been pretty lame, or I have not had any interest in seeing. This time it wasn't me, per se, who rented the movies, it was my mom. For those of you who don't know my mom....she loves action movies. The Blockbuster category of "action/super action!" is one of her favourites. Just plain old "action" or "drama" doesn't do it I guess. But there are times when she ventures off to unfamiliar territory......

This weekend she has decided to rent Eight Below, Man of War, and Harry Potter 4. Now Eight Below we had already seen in theatres....it is Disney after all.....
None of us has seen Man of War.....of course a Nicolas Cage flick for mom and I who already like Face Off, The Rock, Con Air, and other action/super action! type movies of his.
As for Harry Potter......we haven't yet put in the DVD, but Devin and I are already trying to re-explain what had happened in the third movie (which mom has completely forgotten), cuz characters like Wormtail are pretty important.....but there is no explanation in the 4th movie how he got there. And who the heck is Tom Riddle??? Devin, who's that guy???? Devin and I have seen this latest installment of Harry twice...once on opening weekend and then once at IMAX......
Beware the wind!!!!!!!! Personally I thought the screwts would have been scarier than the wind in the maze...but no spoilers here......

Anywho Harry will have to wait until tomorrow...when there is sufficient time to be able to watch the movie...and answer a ton of questions hahaha.

So renting movies to enjoy with my Smarties McFlurry (though I really wanted a Blizzard instead....Hi Jo!) has been a nice relaxing end to my week of hell. I finished two more shifts at the Alex...woo hoo!!!, have sacrificed sleep to visit my optometrist.....turns out my eyes really haven't changed, but my astigmatism got worse. I also feel like I am coming down with a cold, but I haven't made up my mind if I am sick or not. It comes and goes....and comes and goes...and then comes back again.

So yeah and stuff. I guess that's what's new with me. I don't know what is new with my co-blogger. I haven't heard from her in a week. PRi, are you still alive?

4 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger 'Nita said...

I imagine that PRi is, um, *cough* busy. ;-p

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger MorPRi said...

Hey! I resemble that remark! I mean.... *cough* Yeah, sorry Morgo, I've been non-existant for the past few weeks. Imagine this. I slept in my own bed in my own house and had a sore back the next day becuase I wasn't used to that bed. Oops. But virgins don't put out!!!!!

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRi, was that comment directed at me?????? Fork you man!!!!! I merely commented on the fact that my couch hasn't seen you in a while, and neither has my mom...who worries about you.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Morgan...if you are still interested in coming to the football game and have no one to sit with, you can get the seat next to ours, it hasn't been sold to anyone, but it's a single. Section V, row 20 (or 21 I can't remember) seat 15. It's $50, but it'll be a really good time! Oh and if you're bored or something this week give me a call I wouldn't mind a pow wow or something like that. GO ESKS GO!!! WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home