Monday, July 03, 2006

This is not normal

Wow, last night was fun. and eventful. and mostly fun. Peter's culinary masterpieces in form of wonton soup, dragon noodles, fried rice and tart superceeded all imagination. My tastebuds have been molested by Peter's chinese cooking. My grandma doesn't cook chinese like Peter does. Bravo Peter for a successful dinner and a jorb well done!
First of all, the days events were as follows: I took the dog for a walk yesterday to grab the paper. The Mac's by Morg's house has no air conditioning, but I was much too lazy to walk across the street to the 7-11 that was closer to Morg's in the first place. I mostly went because the price of a Froster at Mac's is significantly better than a Slurpee at 7-11. Good thing too, because the industrial fan at Mac's did no amount of good. I then proceeded to get a Scratch and Win Bingo and Set for Life, in which I paid and then won, $7. (The Wizard of Oz is playing in Mom's room. We're dancing to the music.) Jo phones, looking for Morgan. I answer, not realizing who it is. "No Morgan is away for the weekend, can I take a message?" "PRi?" "Yes?" "It's Jo" "Jo!" looking for a ride. This is interesting, because I assume that I will be driving Morgan over to Peter's whenever she comes home, or if she is behind, I'll just drive myself and she'll be able to take her own car. So I give her no specific answer and then hang up. 2 minutes later, Morgan comes home (which Bear goes nuts about BARK BARK BARK) and all is good. I pick up Jo and the 3 of us head over to Peter's place. We've been to Peter's place many a time, and need not ask for directions or an address. In fact, I don't even know the address is. Yellow house on street over by Flowers by Merle. Peter's house has no air conditioning. We're feeling it right away. But who cares when you're having food cooked by a master? In hindsight, gespacho might have been a bad idea, seeing as how gespacho didn't really fit with the chinese theme. eh. There were 2 wines for 2 different main courses, both white wines (that looked yellow. how significant. I'll try not to read into that too much.) And the piece de resistance. Pecan almond chocolate rum tart. "Blizzard this please" Good thing we didn't go to Dairy Queen last night and do that. In our state we may have been trespassed from the premises. So we stayed around, had some booze, had some more...
we interrupt this party for a trip to the liquor store (that was closed, but was open...)
Then some more booze, then hilarity ensued. Between the Super Mario Strikers, Mario Party 6, Mario Kart Double Dash, writing emails to Eric (sorry Eric!) we had some more booze. We may have sat outside for a while and said some incriminating things, but then again the bunch of us have been through some incriminating things together anyways. I don't think there isn't a story between ANY of us there. oops. That's the measure of good friends tho. Another measure of good friends is what happened afterwards... Some trees, grass and feet have been... blessed. Just a few times tho. a FEW. And I have graduated from being PRi to being "I need more water" And sweet things were said. Nothing says I love you like a drunken "I love you" haha, with sexy results. but not in bed. or space. All in all, good friends, good food, good fun. I just feel awful that Andy cleaned up the kitchen in the morning. All the while thinking "stupid kids, drinking all my Sambuca...." Eww. who even likes Sambuca?!?!
A host basket will be given to Andy. those who care to pitch in, tell me. So far I am including:
-1 bottle of Sambuca... becuase his bottle "mysteriously" disappeared.
-napkins... his napkins were.... useful many a time
- Pepsi. I went with the motto "Water is for drunk people" and then helped myself to Pepsi
- Cleaning solution... possibly for his bathroom which was also useful many a time
- grass seed. This summer's lawn will be... interesting.
anything else? what else have I missed?

So that was last night in a summary from a SOBER point of view. haha, never again people... just say NO to Sambuca... and tequila... and 4oz long island iced tea with no cointreau... and 3, count them, 3 different bottles of wine. 4 bottles in total. Telus field will never be the same. Neither will Peter's trees.
-PRi

4 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger MorPRi said...

add:
ice cubes
box lid

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sean says: I can get some of that together tomorrow. ie: sambuca, pepsi, and something for his kitchen clean-up.

Angela says: I will pitch seeing as how the tea towel I used to clean up Peter's...'remains' is, dare I say, a write-off?

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger 'Nita said...

I still don't get the box lid thing...

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Jo said...

I think Sean was using the box lid as a sheild from Peter's vomit, either that or FOR Peter's vomit. But I was really drunk, so what do I know? Not a whole lot! I don't even know why Angela took me to the tree the first time...but obviously seeing as how I vomited a whole lot, it was necessary!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home