Friday, July 21, 2006

If you can read this you don't need glasses

It has been a while since my last post.....oops! You would think that a shared blog would be updated more often. Oh well.
I guess that I would have to say that I have been busy. In essence that is true, because I have been working waaayyy too many hours than my body is telling me it can handle. It has also been busy at work. My grandma is also in from out of town for a visit this week.
Alas, this is only part of the story. All of these things are true, and I have been fortunate enough to be working day shifts this week (I finished 4 of 7 today). Day shifts are much much easier on your life than you realize. For those of you who work a "9-5" job, a day shift is pretty much the same. Except you replace the 9 with a 7:30 then the 5 with a 3:30. This means that after my shift is over, I pretty much have the evening (and night!) to fill with the rest of my life.

Come on...I have no life.

If I had somewhat of a life I don't think I would be sitting here rambling and babbling about working hours of a day shift. There would be more interesting things and less lame things here on this blog to read.

I guess that life is what we make of it, so I shouldn't really complain. I have my health and my family and friends. I have a job that although the hours are only guaranteed until October first, I don't have collection agencies calling me every day. I smile each day and sometimes I am even able to laugh at the stupidest things...such as talking like a whale to my grandma. "Goooooo aaawaaayyy wwwhaaaallle!!" hahahahaha I think only PRi would be able to understand.


Anywho, I would say that I am going off topic again, but I don't know if there even is a topic today. Whatever.
"Fool You!!!" I would say in my best Dark Helmet impression. "Raspberry. There's only one man who would dare give me the raspberry. LONE STAR!"

Don't tell me that didn't either make you smile or laugh! Even if you just shook your head or rolled your eyes while reading, you have made my day. I think we all need to be reminded that being silly once in a while keeps us young at heart and healthy. I had a patient today whose neice was a nursing student. She even brought textbooks to the delivery room and I guess had been reading them during the night. Uh...it's July. And it's the middle of the night. And your aunt is in labour and would probably appreciate your support rather than your attempt at being a nurse. Sigh. No laughter in that room. But anyways I think I am going off topic again. I will leave you with some words of wisdom then......I mean now.

When does this happen in the movie? Now. You're looking at now sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now. What happened to then? We passed then. When? Just now. We're at now, now. Go back to then! When? Now. Now? Now! I can't. Why? We missed it. When? Just now. When will then be now? Soon.

1 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger MorPRi said...

Haha, that reminds me of during the big snow storm and we saw the guy from Texas... haha. Only one man would dare give me the rasberry. LONESTAR!

I mean, HHEEEELLLOOOO MMMMOOOOORRRRRGGOOOO!!!!!
I MIIIISSS YYYYOOOUUUU...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home