Monday, July 10, 2006

The day in review

So I think that today was interesting, nothing spectacular happened, but I thought I might share it, mostly so you know the drama in my life. If you don't feel like reading the whole thing, don't worry, I have a lot to write.

I wake up on the couch. I decided that I should give the couch a shot. When I moved in to the basement suite, the couch was already there. I was particularly excited that it bears a striking resemblance to Morgan's couch which I sleep some (if not most) nights. But this time, when I wake, it's 5:00 in the morning. I don't do mornings. I move over to my room. The alarm on my phone rings at 8:00am but I do not hear it, as it is by the couch. Good thing I don't need to go to work untill 3:00pm becuase I sleep in untill 10:00. I've already promised my little girl to take her swimming today, so I get ready to leave the house.

Skip to the YMCA. We've arrived via Jeannine's (the mother) van. Ava has been reading her Dora book. It is a sticker book that has stickers in all sorts of places. You can tell this is a child's book and it has been well loved. In fact, I've been informed that it's not Dora that Ava loves. It's "The monkey and Dora" not "Dora". I've decided to let Ava run amok in the indoor playground. This is a caregiver's dream. The whole thing is padded and washable. *sigh* Ava finds a soccer ball and claims it, while taking it down the slide, inside the house, up the stairs, down the slide....

We have lunch. Ava has 1 chicken strip. The kid's meal at the Y comes with 2. I've dropped the other one. Good thing the kid is only 2 years old. She's not that hungry anyways. She takes one piece of lettuce, dips it in the dressing, sucks off the dressing, then dips it back in the dressing....

After a non-recommended 15 minutes after eating, we go swimming. We then get kicked out becuase there are swim lessons. Stupid kids. Go back to school already!

We head home. I suddenly get a feeling of impending doom. Was I supposed to work the morning shift or the afternoon shift? An emergency call to the receptionist apeases my fears. I was going to go in at 3:00 anyways, 6 hours late or not. The first thing I do at work is get yelled at by "hoser" because I had a cigarette in my hand. He tells me that if he quits, than I need to quit with him. He needs incentive to quit apparently. Apparently he wants me back. Apparently I have no right to tell him to smoke when I've started to smoke (and planned to quit all in 2 weeks time). I look back at him all confused... Why the change of heart? I walk away confused... and still smoking. One of the lot boys stops me. I still have a key to an FJ cruiser that was in stock. I swear I've put it away, but I go in search of the key. Turns out I left it in a customer's car when they drove to the lot to see that particular FJ... CRAP. Good thing this customer is a friend of the family who has known me for years. I avert disaster. Then I get to drive the FJ (for the first time) to gas it up. People, if you ever want to have a feeling of pure power, go charging down the streets in an FJ cruiser with a 6" suspension lift kit in it. Wow. what a manly machine. I'm almost temped to buy one. In time, my sweet, in time. The other lot boy storms by in his usual high-strung way. I ask him how his trip to Jasper went. Good, he replies, but he'd rather that I go with him. Sleazy italian. I tell him that he should stick with the soccer, becuase he's chartering into a dangerous game. He laughs and tells me that he's ready for anything. I put out my smoke and run to my office to hide from him. Did I mention he's sleazy?

I met our window tint guy. He owns his own buisness, has a degree in geo-physics and has his pilot's liscence. I think I'm in love.

Alas. time for bed. another busy day in the morning. I must get pretty for the Pirates of the Carribbean 2 that I'm seeing at night. and not just in my dreams...

3 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger 'Nita said...

I don't think I've come across an Italian who's both sleazy *and* high-strung...

Also: cigarettes? Pri, you need to get laid.

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have already told PRi I would kick her a$$ if she took up smoking...I am true to my word, and she had to run away from me last night. PRi, smoking is evil...especially if you took it up for the hoser.

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's get this clear: I did not take up smoking for the Hoser OR to get laid!!! (Although either/or or and would be fine) And yes, I did have to run away from Morgo and hid behind her dog. He's not a very good attack dog, but he works well as a doorbell. And it was only for the short duration that I was moving. This pack is my last, and I will soon be immigrating out of flavour country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home