Thursday, August 09, 2007

Insomnia

Recently I've had this problem with sleeping properly. I suppose it has something to do with shift work and trying to get my body used to some ridiculous regime of sleeping when it's daytime, or at least trying to sleep when every fibre in my being tells me it's time to be awake and doing things. Then I have to mess it up again so I am not up at some ungodly hour tossing and turning until I tire myself out and doze. Temporarily it happens when I'm turning around from nights to days, but lately it feels like every single day is a struggle to crawl out of bed and force myself to stay awake when I need to be. Then I crawl back into bed after being awake for some number of hours and force myself to sleep despite my mind working overtime and my body aching. Don't even talk about STAYING asleep because that never happens.

So here I am writing about my sleeping habits instead of actually doing something about it. Oh well. No sense worrying about something you can't really fix at 12am anyways. I'm going shopping tomorrow for some various things I have procrastinated on getting, and I think I am going to hunt down a sleep mask. Maybe a new pillow. Or something.

But first, I have to get to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home