Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Blah

I suppose it is the warm weather that is making my brain slow. I was going to post an update earlier, and I can't seem to find the right words to say. I don't think the last of my Bacardi breezers have anything to do with it either hahaha. But I find myself wanting to sit down and finally post something here. I did such a thing after getting home from work, but couldn't think of anything to write. The backspace button had a lot of action going on hahaha, but nothing cohesive was happening.
So here I am four hours later and rambling away about my non-post. I'm just finding myself pretty lazy today. It wasn't an unbelievably busy day at work (a rarity nowadays), and I got a decent amount of sleep last night despite the heat and being woken up by cats.
I don't even know why I am doing an update anyways, as most of you who read this know my story, but I suppose that putting my thoughts and feelings into coherent sentences and actually keeping up this blog is helping my sanity sometimes!
Anywho...

Jo and Eric have been in town, and so part of the reason for my blog absence has been due to getting together, catching up, eating Thai/gourmet food/BBQs, hanging out, going for drinks, bowling/pool, and other random activities. I'm going to be sad when they leave this weekend.

Peter's dinner on Sunday was spectacular. The food was amazing. The company was fantastic. The times were good. We all learned our lessons from last year, and thus Peter's trees will survive.....though I'm not so sure about his dishwasher ;) A round of applause and thanks to Peter and Janita for hosting a great party!

I'm getting to know two lovely cats, though it took them a while to warm up to me. I wasn't mommy you see, so I was only good for getting food and water. But when I visited them on Monday, they finally gave in and talked to me. I guess they were pretty lonely. Poor kitties! I've been trying to keep them company, and now I am also good for playing with the blue ribbon.

I don't know what else to say. Devin's taking summer school this year....CALM 20 is so much better in a two-week period than a 5 month period. Should be interesting. I don't remember what I learned in CALM 20.....except that we watched "Rudy" and talked about grocery shopping.

So yeah and stuff. I'm all out of ideas. Perhaps when the weather is not so pleasant and the effects of the rum wear off I'll have more to say. Unusual for me, I guess....I talk a whole lot more when I drink rum.......

And now the rum is gone!

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger 'Nita said...

I never watched Rudy. I watched October Sky. And then I showed it to my students when I had to cover CALM class. Ah, tradition.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home