Wednesday, January 31, 2007

daddy's day

Mom woke me up this morning by telling me that it was 5:50am and that my dad was going to the hospital. Neither of these things really bothered me, although I suppose that in a different time or place they would probably raise my blood pressure. I worked a day shift today, so actually 5:50am is after my alarm was supposed to go off....especially with this sudden blast of winter weather. I'm glad I don't have to commute so far to work anymore. And I avoid all types of highways, freeways, and rush hour traffic in general. I was happy to hear that my dad was going to the hospital though. No, I am not a sadist in any way, but my dad has had this cold for some time and it seems to be getting worse. I am proud that he takes care of himself the best that he can when it comes to his breathing. I went to visit him on my lunch break, but found out that he was getting an x-ray, so I had to wait until later to see him. He had gone home by the time my shift was over. As much as people complain about the Emergency room, or wait-times or bed shortages or overworked hospital staff...I am glad to be a Canadian. I dont' think he would have complained for staying in the ER for nearly 7 hours. The entire day cost him $4.00 for a perscription. Parking was even free because the meter was broken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home