Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Time flies when you are indifferent

Lately I have decided I have the right to be lazy. Not forever, but at least for a couple of days. I have worked hard and I think I deserve it. I spent my weekend doing nothing but yelling at NHL referees, sleeping on my couch, trying to decide which of my books I will have to start reading again for nights (I'm back to the beginning of my list), and reading said book. Mind you, I have done some productive things as well......helping Devin with his English homework, helping PRi feel better, and study some more for my OR orientation.

Oh, and I have been trying to budget my money now that I have a job for six months. Kinda hard to budget when you only know you are working part time for a few months. Doesn't help when you need to plan something yearly. But whatever. I have decided that it just doesn't matter right now. Not that I am breaking my budget, but I don't have the energy to worry about things like that. Maybe later. Right now, I am happy to spend the morning in my pj's biding my time until I have to go to work. I am working evening shifts this week, and it feels strange.....I haven't worked an evening since..............?????

But whatever. I am enjoying the silence of my house....with occasional and random barking. No heart monitors, no blood pressure cuffs, no cautery sounds, no teaching, no phones ringing, no orders, and no babies. Don't get me wrong...I love babies crying while I'm at work. To hear them cry makes me happy as a nurse. I suppose it will be different whenever I have kids of my own. But I am not thinking about that today. Today is reserved for "what's for lunch" and letting Bear outside to pee.

So yeah and stuff. For being indifferent, I sure had a lot to say. Not too exciting, but I said it nonetheless. Oh well.

I wonder what's for lunch....

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger 'Nita said...

Why does PRi need to feel better? I have exams this coming week (ie, no classes), so we should go out some time.
(xxuuee)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home