Friday, July 31, 2009

I haven't forgotten...I've just been reinspired

It's been a long time since I last visited here. Not that there hasn't been much to update, but I honestly haven't thought about this blog in months. I could have just let my thoughts, feelings, and experiences that I've put on here gather virtual dust and cobwebs. All to easy to do, and not what I intended.

I went to a bookstore the other day, looking for the next paperback of a series I've gotten into. I didn't find what I was looking for, but as I perused through a shelf of the store manager's picks of the month, my attention was grabbed by an innocent looking memoir. So I bought it.

I had originally thought I would read this memoir during my stint of nights. It's been two days and I finished the darn thing. The cover of the book may have caught my eye, but the story captured my attention and imagination. It was about a woman who dreamed of living in Paris, and after achieving this dream, she started a blog about her life as an "outsider" in the City of Lights. The more she wrote, the more she lived. Her blog was titled Petite Anglaise, which I have no idea if it truly exists, but I'm curious to find out.

While I was reading, I thought more and more about my long-forgotten blog. It was strange reading someone else's views on why they started their own blog, and how similar and different those reasons were to mine. Granted, when I first started writing, I shared my mundane and boring life with complete strangers who happened upon this site, but my intentions were to update people in my life who were living far away from me. As time went on, more convenient means of updating came about...mostly through Facebook....and my blog writing became more and more sparse. My posts were random, a reflection of my thoughts at the time. Many more posts were written and deleted before they were published simply for the fact that I needed an outlet to vent some particular reaction or feeling, but didn't necessarily want to share.

But in the end, I realize that this blog, however it started and what my intentions were at the time, is really for me. I can choose to use it to update on my life. I can choose to vent then delete. Or rant and publish. Nevertheless, it's still here. I may not have a large following of readers like Petite Anglaise, and I may not have the eloquent and captivating stories or anecdotes, but I'm still here. I'm still writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home