Thursday, January 29, 2009

I refuse to stop writing

Ok, so maybe I'm not the best at keeping up with this thing. I periodically look at it and try to think of something witty to write about, and come up blank. So then it gets forgotten for a while until I happen across it again. And again no wit.

I find myself awake once more in the middle of the night...where I do a lot of puttering online, and decide it's time to buckle down and write, despite the lack of wittiness. So here I am.

Really I've been the same. Lots of work. Lots of travelling. Lots more work to pay for the travelling. I'm getting really bad at keeping my impulsive vacationing at bay. Well, I had to try out my new luggage....I have no regrets, though. Well, one regret, but that's an entirely different story and has nothing to do with vacations.....
So yeah. I spent Christmas in Winnipeg this year with my family. It was good to see everyone again...I hadn't seen them in years. I am hoping to be able to get back there soon to spend some time with my grandma. She was diagnosed with Alzheimer's last year, and though I am scared and sad, I want to see her again before she has no clue who I am. It doesn't help that I'm so far away. While I was in university, I worked with a lot of people with Alzheimer's, and saw the struggle their families went through. At least the ones that visited. I never really appreciated what I had until I was faced with this situation. It's been a very humble experience for sure.

Otherwise I'm doing alright. It's been a long, exhausting, and frustrating few months. I wish I could say I'm doing great, but I'm not. Just sort of getting by and working through some issues. Some have resolved, and others haven't, but I'm trying not to get all worked up about it. Hence my vacationing. Maybe I should start writing more here.....vent some frustrations and stuff. Witty or not, it might be a release to keep writing.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home