Thursday, June 05, 2008

the best medicine

I've decided I need more laughter in my life. I think we all do, really. Every one's so serious nowadays, it's no fun. Don't you remember what it was like as a child and you laughed everyday? You laughed until your stomach or your face hurt. You laughed until tears came rolling down your tender cheeks. You laughed until you lost your voice. Being grown up has ruined all this. Now you're worried about laugh lines around your mouth and how to get rid of them. Or what about your mascara running? I guess you can't answer the phones at work if you can't speak.

No fun indeed.

So I wonder why we need to grow up at all? Ok, I'm not about to go and quit my job or anything, but I think it's time I had some more fun.

I might have been inspired by my recent vacation. I hardly did any shopping in the shopping capital of the world. Instead, I spent my money having a good time doing other things. The memories and the laughter and the love. So much more rejuvenating than I realized at the time. For a while, I have felt that there was something missing in my life. I still don't have the answer, but I feel just that little more satisfied. And if this is something that makes me happy, why deny myself? I have found a way to allow a little more sunshine in my life. I might as well bask in it while I can.

While I find myself enjoying the sun, sunburn inevitably follows. My poor wallet. Within 10 days of getting back from New York, I found myself online looking at some flights. Again. I made a promise to Devin that if he gets his passport, we will travel somewhere together again. And so we are.

Well, I did decide to have more fun...didn't I? Oh, and I haven't yet mentioned the shopping trip. To Montana. Next week. Randomly. And I can't forget that I'm showing up at Jo and Eric's front door. For Thanksgiving. In November. Randomly.

But not all is about picking up and getting out of town. PRi and I forgot about our dinner as we stood around our fridge laughing at the magnets. A while ago I bought those puzzle magnets that you can rearrange words and phrases to make new ones. These were all movie phrases. Of course. I hope they bring at least a smile to your face....

  • I picked the wrong week to make this conversation a failure to communicate
  • If you build it they will call it a mission from God
  • There's no place like all the gin joints in the morning!
  • Frankly, my dear show me a Royale with cheese in Kansas and I'll be back
  • I'm not going to be with you anymore Dave......bye.
  • Well, no we don't need the force!
  • What we've got here is stinking badges!
  • You may refuse me and you have a damn nice night
  • Mama says say hello to the pod bay doors
  • You can't handle the money!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home