Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm still alive

It's been a long time since I've written anything. Not like there's a lot that's new, as most of you who probably (hopefully) read this are also on FB, so you pretty much know what's been going on.

I'll update this thing anyways. I kinda feel obligated to, and besides...it allows me to procrastinate on my packing....

What's been happening since the last time I was on here? Vegas! I left for a glorious week to Sin City for some good times with friends and family. It was ridiculously hot, but the air conditioning, gallons of water, and margaritas helped. Yay yard dogs!!! Of course we indulged on the food too......

mmm Bouchon....Bellagio "brunch"...... *drool*

oops. But it wasn't just the food and drink that made for a great vacation. Some of the highlights include Bellagio fountains (of course), the Grand Canyon, Vagine, Tuesday's walk to the Stratosphere...sans drink...., breakfast with mom and grandma, Cirque du Solei, baby tigers...wow I could go on... We packed a lot of things into that week, but I still felt relaxed. I think the last couple of days with Jo and Eric helped, though. Good times.

Jo and Eric are currently in town, so of course we had to get together. This time it was for Thai food. Yummy! We headed back to Peter's afterwards for some beer tasting, midnight cooking, and all around fun. Hopefully I'll be able to see them again before they leave, but that depends on their schedule. And mine, I guess. I'm leaving tomorrow morning...Devin is taking me to Disneyland, so I'll be gone for the week. Hence the packing....yay! Maybe I should just live out of my suitcase...

Otherwise, I've been busy as per usual. Work is crazy. It's going well, but I'm still running off my feet every shift. Too many babies! I've also put my name in for a conference on bereavement in October. It supposedly is one of the best medical conferences in North America, and I've been told I have the sort of qualities that help families experiencing loss, so I signed up. Hopefully I'll find out soon if I can go.

That's about it for now, I guess. Meanwhile I must start packing.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home