Saturday, October 25, 2008

Here I am!

I seemed to have taken a leave of absence from my blog. I could come up with a variety of excuses, but they all would boil down to the same thing.... I'm busy.

Or I'm lazy. That could also be the case I suppose. I've been having this problem lately of feeling apathetic, which came out of nowhere and is largely responsible for my neglecting of things. But whatever, I'm here. I don't know how many people actually read this still, but I'm still going to update anyways.

What have I been up to when I haven't been feeling so apathetic? Well, work mostly. I've been working more hours mostly for the purpose of funding my never ending expenses of vacationing. The last year has taken a toll on my finances, so to keep up, I've picked up more hours. Things have been insanely busy at work, where we finally broke the magical number of 500. (We are populating an elementary school every month by the way). The hiring of new staff and education days for new equipment has also kept me busy and longing for my stretch of days off where I can escape somewhere.

Ah, yes....escaping. I like escaping. Some places were expensive, some were not. Some took months and months of planning, some only days. I've read on other blogs about how nurses develop an iron stomach and a warped sense of humor to cope with what they see and do in their profession. Me, I travel.

My willingness to pick up and go has been tested greatly within the last month or so. I have said goodbye to a lot of people as they have moved on to bigger and better things for their jobs, family, sanity, or just needing a change. I'm terrible at keeping myself within a budget though....I have already been out to Ottawa to see John, and I'm planning to visit Janita and Peter in London next year. Oops. Bah, whatever. Life's too short. Enjoy it while you can. I plan to celebrate two Thanksgivings this year.

Mmmm...pie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home