Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A moment

I woke up this morning to a very quiet world. No noises in my place, not even from the neighbours upstairs. I crept out of bed thinking I overslept, not realizing the actual time of my wandering through the apartment. I'm hungry. I get to the kitchen and open my fridge, looking for some fruit, or maybe some juice. I'm craving juice. I pour myself a glass and turn on the tv. Maybe there's something on, I don't know. Nope. Why would that be? Hmm....
I glance over at the window, thinking the orange street lamp seemed unusually.....bright. And orange. I peer out my window. Everything is quiet. No cars, no people. I suppose I wouldn't drive either during the first snowfall of the season. It sure is peaceful this time of day. So much so, that I contemplate returning to bed.

I am thankful that I can wake up to this peacefulness. That others fought with their lives to defend that right. I remember. And I thank you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home