Thursday, November 23, 2006

scalpel......

I went to work today and found out I was on cesarean section duty. I said duty hahaha....
Anywho...so because it has been a couple of weeks since I started my OR training, I had the opportunity to scrub in today.

I was kinda scared, and pretty nervous. I was supposed to wait for my clinical educator to scrub in with me.......but the old educator happened to be working today, so I scrubbed in with her instead. I think I did alright...it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, but it will definitely take me a little while to feel comfortable. It's anticipating what the doctor needs that takes practice. I know what the instruments are. I know pretty much when I will have to hand them off. I know what my role of scrub nurse is. I know how to set up my table.

I can't read minds however.....though it may seem like I can sometimes. The doctors were pretty good with me today...they knew I was a newbie. We have great team work, so communication between patient, nurse, and doctor isn't as terrible as some places I've been...

*cough* ALEX *cough*

Oops...was that my outside voice???? oh well.

Anywho, after cesarean section #6 (in 8 hours), I am exhausted. So now I must go sleep. Before I do.....happy American Thanksgiving:):):)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home