Thursday, June 01, 2006

Let your true colours shine through

Let me tell you a story about an adventure into the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy. It begins with a dream. "Morgan, I had a dream we went to Las Vegas." For those of you know me, I am usually the one retelling my dreams to those willing or unwilling to listen. This time, however, I was doing the listening. Anyways, a not-so-spontaneous spontaneous trip to Las Vegas did indeed take place, as well as a visit to Disneyland. Noticing that a celebration for Disneyland's 50th anniversary was going to take place the next year, another not-so-spontaneous spontaneous trip then had to be planned. What does this have to do with my story? We will return after these commercial messages.




This is us. This is not us. And now back to your regularly scheduled program. The current trip to Disneyland has been brought to you by your local sponsors, and the letter 50. I couldn't have gone on this recent trip if I hadn't gotten funding from my Ralph dollars, and I think that this is where it all started. Though happy to be in the Happiest Place on Earth, I was a little disappointed that everything had been "brought to you by" something. It's Disneyland! You don't need sponsors to sell your product! Anyways, we had a good laugh with the amount of Dole (Bob Dole??), Coca-Cola, and Energizer product placements throughout the park, but I don't think we laughed as hard as we did with Kodak. Maybe it started with our first trip while waiting for "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!" (brought to you by Kodak). Maybe it started when PRi and I were at Wal-mart and Superstore printing endless pictures for Jo's scrapbook at the Kodak picture maker. Or maybe it started when Devin got a Kodak digital camera. It also could have been the maps of the park that you get when you first walk in. Did I mention they were compliments of Kodak? Whatever the reason, our trip to Disneyland was full of Kodak moments. I have decided to share some of those moments with you, dear readers, as they take place from various Kodak photo spots around Disneyland itself.


As soon as you walk through the gate, Kodak introduces itself.


PRi and I share a Kodak moment with Walt and Mickey.


Devin and I await the newly decorated Mark Twain to visit the Kodak photo spot.


Big Thunder Mountain Railroad likes to get in on the action.


PRi pulls at the Sword in the Stone. No luck for PRi.


Tomorrowland's entrance at night. It was past Kodak's bedtime, but that didn't stop a photo opportunity.


Devin and I enjoy the lack of crowds on a rainy Monday morning. Roger Rabbit rejoices that this is the last Kodak photo spot in Disneyland, as well as the end of my story.

2 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Jo said...

How did your brother get so old?? hahahaha:)

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, am very pleased about the inception of the joint blog. Your entepreneurial spirit has set the standard for future blogs from this day forward. Congratulations to MorPRi on a job well done!!
(Cheers from the crowd, lots of vigorous hand-shaking...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home